All caregiver/adult helpers must be Police vetted by Orewa College to attend school trips and manage/coach teams. Once you have been vetted, it is valid for 3 years.
Police vetting must be done by Orewa College, vets from other institutions/organisations are not valid and cannot be shared.
Police vetting needs to be done in advance of the trip/event as it can take some time to process at NZ Police.
For more information please email email@example.com
To arrange to be Police Vetted please
You can either:
Come to main reception with your two forms of ID for us to copy & verify
Use an Identity Referee to Verify an Applicant’s Identity
(Evidence of identity checks may be completed by an Identity Referee, outside of your organisation, where it cannot be carried out by you in person e.g., when completed consent forms are received by your agency via email, not in person).
An Identity Referee must:
• Be either a person of standing in the community (e.g., registered professional, religious or community leader, Police employee) or registered with the Approved Agency.
• Be over 16 years of age.
• Not be related to or a partner/spouse of the applicant.
• Not be a co-resident of the applicant.
To verify an applicant’s identity, the Identity Referee must:
1. Sight the original versions of each identity document.
2. Compare the photographic image with the applicant to confirm they are the same person.
Primary IDs include:
Secondary IDs include:
User Guide to Police Vetting Process - Please click HERE.